Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Far Orbit Project (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Far Orbit Project (OOC)

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Well yes, but Brenko can't really help with patching up patients, so I was fishing for ideas from swrider
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:36 pm

DoctorWho wrote:... Brenko can't really help with patching up patients...

He could help carry them, though.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Oh, that's true.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:40 am

I'm headed to the aquarium with the family so I won't be on a lot today.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:41 am

Enjoy the outing.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:04 am

Have fun!
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Thank you both. We need to make a jump to where we can get medical help. We should ask the alliance contract if he knows a location or we should be researching one for immediate jump with the backup hyperdrive.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Have either of you stopped to consider what you're thinking about doing?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Yes we are taking a capital ship full of mutineers imperials and outlaws to a location capable of performing mass casualty medical treatment. Most likely it will be an imperial world which has a very high change of getting the entire ship blasted out of the sky... that is if our cover is broken. If reports of our treason have not spread we could "possibly" get assistance, though our people would probably get reassigned and end up back in the empire. If we make it a non-aligned facility we probably can't afford the treatment necessary for all of the crew. Only a rebel held world or safe-world could possibly have sufficient facilities to help out our number of casualties. Doing nothing is almost as bad as doing something.

The only other option is to go on a massive spending spree for medical droids attempting to purchase several dozen to a hundred to help or hire more doctors. All of these options take time which is of the essence.

Did I miss anything besides us also searching the area for potential targets to attack?

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:32 pm

That is unless my base assumption is incorrect and we have sufficient medical abilities to handle this ourselves.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:50 pm

There are no "rebel-held" worlds, except Dac, AFAIK. And you can't go to an Imperial world and attract too much attention (which requesting assistance on the scale you want will do), as it will send a non-routine report to Coruscant which will then immediately be acted upon by Imperial Security and Imperial Intelligence. When that happens, the game moves directly to Act II, skipping the remainder of Act I. You'd be entering Act II without having earned any more money or experience (or Duty). That's not advised. Neither is spending too much time, as Act I has a clock running. Kenit was marooned, not killed. Word will eventually reach Coruscant that the Far Orbit has gone rogue. When that happens, the hunt for her begins. Life will become ... complicated for you.

Vedij has been planning for Act II since making the agreement with the Alliance. You have a limited window to "prepare" (that is, hurt the Empire for profit) before ... the Empire strikes back (and it's not measured in years, but in weeks).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Since the alliance has no worlds, which we wont know IC until we ask, that leaves us with neutral worlds. such as hut space or attempting to purchase more droids and medical staff. The other option is we just ignore the wounded and do nothing? We are not in a position to engage any targets... unless perhaps we target an imperial medical space-station or vehicle, but even that is outside of our immediate needs.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Problem with seeking help in Hutt space (or pretty much any so-called 'neutral' world) is the near certainty that you'll be sold out, even if you do manage to get help.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Which again leaves us with the question of what do we do with all of the wounded?
How rare are medical droids and how expensive are they? We have three hyperspace-capable ships ours having two shuttles so we could theoretically search multiple systems/ cities for droids available for purchase... but will that be enough.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:18 pm

Medical droids are uncommon, but not exactly rare (4). What they are is expensive (base cost 12k). They're also ... droids.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:50 pm

So there's no good option, is what you are saying?
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:54 pm

I think that about sums it up. So what we need to decide is what is the best of the bad decisions. I would love to hear what the doctor has to say on the matter.... but she is occupied. I think we should still ask the alliance if they can offer any assistance. They don't have a medical frigate or a planet... yet but they must have doctors, medics, droids or something for their people.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:57 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:"It might be possible, but I think it's unlikely that Command would do so."

We're screwed.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 am

If by "screwed" you mean operating the ship with two diff upgrades, and without Vedij to fall back on as a safety net, then yes.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 am

No by screwed I mean we are going to let a large portion of our crew die because we are unable to help them. That does not really do good things for moral.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 am

I think that you misunderstand the situation. Anyone who's in such grave condition that they might die would already perish before help could arrive. There are only 8 bacta tanks and 7 trained medical staff (which includes the 6 droids), two of which are surgeons (the human and one of the droids). And it's already been over 10-12 minutes since the event. Unless more medical personnel had already been present the outcome is pretty much set. Given the resources at hand you cannot reduce the number of people that will be 'lost' (dead or crippled).

Anyone that's still alive, but unfit to resume their duties will remain that way unless you can manage to somehow acquire roughly a hundred (or more, depending on how many each person needs) replacement limbs and enough medical staff to do that many surgeries. With the staff you have now (just two surgeons), it would take weeks to go through that many surgeries.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 am

OOC I know the number is set. The problem is that IC the people are still wounded and screaming and need treatment. Simply saying this many die and this many are maimed lets let them bleed all over while we move the game forward breaks Emerson in a huge way. Most of those crew would be well enough off to pay for their own prosthetic limbs the problem would be acquiring them. Either way we need to figure out what to do next.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am

Actually, the only number that's set is the number of people not available for duty now. How many can be returned to duty is a variable, not a constant, and thus subject to change. The key issues are time, and exposure risk. You could recover a substantial number of crew by going to some place that can handle mass numbers of prosthetic surgeries. But even at some major world it would take days, at the least. Doing so would blow the ship's cover, as you could not keep word of such an unusual event from being disseminated ... unless you went to the only planet currently controlled by the Alliance.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:17 pm

We could look for any MedStar ships in the area, since the empire still uses them IIRC.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Those were Republic ships during the Clone Wars. Does not apply to this era. Also, it would blow your cover.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context