Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Far Orbit Project (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Far Orbit Project (IC)

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:55 am

Killiri sighs and hold his head in his hand for a moment. All the shock had made him briefly forget protocol. "Sorry Mr. Brenko, all this chaos caused me to momentarily forget protocol. At this moment, I have no other pressing concerns that require your attention. Please continue to help with the relief effort."
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 pm

"Acknowledged sir, are there any departments not reporting in or who do not have uninjured officers? I can check on those as well as my department."
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:52 pm

"Help security move patients into the medical office to keep relief efforts moving smoothly."
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:07 am

"Bridge, Engineering," comes the voice of Commander Tokan. "The motivator for the main hyperdrive is slagged. Backup drive is fully operational."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:14 am

Yes Sir! Commander Brenko moves to the security person stationed at the turbolift, asking for a brief report on the layout of the wounded, then begins assisting with moving wounded people to sickbay.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:11 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:"Bridge, Engineering," comes the voice of Commander Tokan. "The motivator for the main hyperdrive is slagged. Backup drive is fully operational."

"Alright, so it's irreparable without a replacement part, then. Work on any other repairs that are possible without new parts."

Hopefully the Alliance liaison would have information on any places that could facilitate repairs in the area. If not, sending Dune in his vessel or the Legitimate Business to purchase replacement parts would be the next best option.

Dune looks through the holonet alerts and channels, looking for any information that would be worthwile to ask around about or pay for more information on.

Spoiler:
Computer check: 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImage

I realize it's not very good, but it's mostly to just flip through channels and alerts and see if anything stands out to him, given his streetwise experience and living on the run and having to know when to pay attention to things.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Major Willak walks onto the bridge, gracing the harried staff with his cheery presence, "I was summoned? We haven't taken battle damage; there were no decompression alarms. What's going on?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:02 pm

"We encountered a rogue substellar object that violently removed us from hyperspace. We are currently assessing damage. What I would like to know from you, Major Willak, is whether or not it is possible for Alliance vessels in the area to come to our aid? We have a large number of wounded crewmen."
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 am

"It might be possible, but I think it's unlikely that Command would do so."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:46 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:"It might be possible, but I think it's unlikely that Command would do so."

Killiri purses his lips. "You're dismissed, Major Willak."

Killiri stares into space, running through different scenarios. They only had limited time until their cover would be blown, they needed to make the most of the situation they had.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 am

It hits Killiri that Santiago is still seemingly calculating the jump. Ms. Santiago, is there something wrong with the Navcomputer?"
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 am

"No, Commander. The calculations from our current position are rather ... complex. I have an approximate solution ready now, but it would be exceedingly risky to use it. I'll need another fifty minutes to firm up some of the variables, and 4 hours would be ideal."

Spoiler:
It's a Formidable check now. It'll merely be Daunting in an hour, and as low as Hard in four.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am

"Very well then, I'd rather not throw the ship into danger immediately.

Communications, please contact the Medical Bay, I want to check on the Captain's condition."

They had a least an hour before they could go anywhere, now was the time to make sure the ship was holding together, now that the immediate trouble was hopefully past.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

"I'm being informed that the Captain is stable, sedated, and is resting comfortably in Recovery Ward 2," replies Lieutenant Sirtis.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:29 pm

"Good, hopefully the Captain will soon be back on his feet. Are the engine temperatures back into the safe range?"
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:35 pm

"Engineering reports all systems nominal, primary hyperdrive offline, backup drive online."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 am

4 hours later

"Ms. Santiago, are your calculations finished? As soon as you are ready inform the Legitimate Business and ensure they are ready, then make the jump to hyperspace."
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 am

Irene acknowledges Killiri's order, and seconds later the view stretches as the ship jumps into hyperspace, the familiar swirling blue-white colors of the higher dimension enveloping the ship.

Spoiler:
Astrogation check: 4eP+3eB+2eC+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:27 am

After a few hours in hyperspace, and after Killiri has retired to his quarters for some rest, the bridge duty officer receives a call from the Captain. Shortly thereafter, Killiri receives a call from the Captain. "Commander, please come to my quarters."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Killiri heads to the Captain's quarters after making sure his uniform is presentable.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:54 pm

"Have a seat, Roda," Vedij gestures at one of the two Imperial-standard, and thus spartan, seats facing the desk in his quarters. The Captain, rather than taking the more distant and more spacious, but not more comfortable, seat behind his desk, sits in the seat next to Roda.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Roda complies.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

"Relax, Commander. That's an order."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Killiri relaxes his shoulders and leans back in his seat.

"We nearly collided with some kind of substellar, supermassive object, Captain. That was the closest I think I've ever come to actually losing hope of surviving a situation."
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:44 pm

That elicits a hearty laugh from the captain. "Years serving the Empire, and it's a wayward black hole that instills fear in you?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to In Context