Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

DnD 5, thoughts?

Discussion of various rule systems and possible home rules

DnD 5, thoughts?

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Anyone gotten a chance to play through a session with the new rules? I hear their quite nice, but I play Pathfinder IRL, so I probably won't get much of a chance to try the new DnD.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Re: DnD 5, thoughts?

Postby Teknon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:38 pm

I have not. I asked some of my RL friends who play DnD, hoping to get some insight, but they had nothing for me.

I'd love to see Spoony do a review of it, but I doubt that if it happens, it will be too soon.
Teknon
Jedi Master

Postby the_skald » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:57 am

Neither have I. I know some friends of mine are about to experiment it: I'll let you know, if you're interested in it. :)

By the way, it seems the game won't be translated in other languages... Times and the game itself have changed, too much I guess.
the_skald
Level 9

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 pm

I read through the free online rules... They're quite nice. WotC has them available to download from their site, which is pretty cool. Basic stuff, but the level of customization that can go into building a character is really nice, for just having one Player's Handbook.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 16

Postby Fairbaen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:51 am

I've been reading through the phb. It seems that wizards of the coast is taking a step back toward 3.5 mechanics-wise. Character generation is quite a bit different. I have yet to actually play it myself.
Fairbaen
Level 5

Postby Teknon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Moderator's Note wrote:I've widened out the purpose of the "Republic Senate" forum to include discussion of rules systems, not just home rules. As such, while this tread was created in the correct location, it how fits better here, and I have moved it appropriately
Teknon
Jedi Master

Postby Teknon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Teknon wrote:I'd love to see Spoony do a review of it . . .

]Ask and it shall be given:

Part 1
Part 2
Teknon
Jedi Master

Return to Republic Senate