Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Character Creation and Gameplay

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Character Creation and Gameplay

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:16 pm

I got Ambition(Overthrow the Empire), does that work with my characters habitual hatred of Imperial Officers, even though she doesn't have the desire to bring the entire empire down?
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Overthrow the Empire is a cause (Table 2-7), not an ambition. Please reread Freedom in Table 2-6.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Wait, you said just roll up a motivation? I have to take ambition as my motivation? I'm fine with that, that's what I actually wanted, but I'm a little confused.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm assuming that your roll on Table 2-5 was Ambition. Or did you not bother to roll on that table? 1-3 on that table is Ambition, 4-6 is Cause. Which did you roll? Or did you roll a 10 (which means that you get both Ambition and Cause, and they will not be the same thing)?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 pm

I had rolled a 6 with my die here. , then a 40-something. I rolled a couple of times on IC before that, but they didn't fit. I got Cause:Capitalism, and then Ambition: Expertise, neither of which fit well. Then I got Cause: Overthrow the Empire.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Cause: Overthrow the Empire is fine. And now you know why I advised you to feel free to reroll as needed. Sticking strictly to whatever one rolls first when doing Obligations and Motivations can result in silly things or that do not fit a character at all. Capitalism. heh
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:16 pm

My roommate and I actually broke out in laughter after I rolled it (capitalism).

I may go with ambition:Love, since it also explains why she hates the Empire, and works on a mmore individual level. Her love for her husband is what drives her to want to horribly kill Imperial agents.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:19 pm

I won't allow love for a dead person, sorry.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:20 pm

K, then I will go with Cause:Overthrow the Empire :)
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:51 pm

3 for me and none for you. Muahahaha, off to an auspicious beginning. Now we just need the two rolls, one for each of his characters, from Thespius.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 am

Is surgery a specific talent, or is it included on the Medicine skill? I didn't see it listed there, but I just wanted to make sure. Just in case she needs to use purposely rushed surgery or anything to defend herself, and also to be able to help party members and others (for a payment of course, drugs aren't cheap ;) ) with serious injuries.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Surgery is part of the Medicine skill. There is a Surgeon talent (which can be taken more than once) that improves the amount of wound healing done, but it is not required for healing wounds.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 pm

OK, and I did take Surgeon talent, I wanted Sienn to be really useful.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

DoctorWho wrote:I wanted Sienn to be really useful.
But you neglected to acquire any anesthetic. I sure wouldn't want to have her operating on me... :shock:
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Wait, I didn't see any anesthetic in the book.. Let me find some and I'll be sure to grab it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:35 pm

That's because it's listed as a 'poison'.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Ah... That's an odd place to put it. Buying some now and adding it to my character. Is it in the stuff section, which I for some reason don't see it in, or the GM section?
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:39 pm

The site's tracking shows that Thespius has visited in the past 24 hours. Yet he's failed to post here, as required. Angering the 'Dark Lord of the Sith' is unwise...
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Did you see the edit? Where is poison? I seem to be stupid and don't see it. Is it in the GM section? :(
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Look at page 182 for the full list of all gear, and 172 for the page with the item descriptions.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I just committed a grievous mistake. I was pruning threads from the Character Review area and upon deleting the thread for Sarkh (Thespius' main character) the board also deleted the version in this game's Character Database! :shock: :evil: It seems that this board has cross-linked some of the threads in the generic Character Review forum with those in this game's Character Database. The instant that I noticed this I stopped myself before deleting the next thread, which would have been Titus Blackmoor. Unfortunately, the thread for Sarkh is gone, and the Wayback Machine does not have this site archived, so I am unable to retrieve a copy of what's been lost. I sure hope that Thespius has a good copy of his character.

As it currently stands, I am unable to unlink the threads in the Character Review area from those in the Character Database. I haven't checked to see if the same problem exists for those threads from other games, but I suspect that it does. I also suspect that the problem exists because this board may not execute a proper thread 'move'. When I deleted the Review thread for Sienn'Secura it worked as expected, but that's likely because when I put Sienn'Secura in the Database I used a 'copy topic' command and not a 'move topic'. When this board does a 'move', what it actually does is relabel the URL to the new location. That's fine, and is how it's supposed to work. What isn't right is that the original location's URL is changed to point to the new location, when the proper action is to remove the original URL thereby removing the topic completely from the old location. This has the effect of having the same topic in two places but with only one copy actually in existence.

I don't know why this freeforums board is handling topic moves this way, as the freeforums boards that I had previously created for my own games worked correctly by changing the link URL and removing the link from the old location. I have done moves on many occasions in the past on my freeforums boards (which no longer exist) and thus I was utterly unprepared for what this board has done.

All I can say is "I'm sorry" to Thespius, for the hassle that I will no doubt cause him, and give fair warning to Teknon to use 'copy topic' (and then delete the old topic) and to never use 'move topic' again.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Teknon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:31 pm

it is my fault - when I moved the thread, I told it to leave a shadow copy in place (basically a link to the moved thread).
Teknon
Jedi Master

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:53 pm

On most web boards when you use shadowing you will see a "moved" line of text in place of the previous topic's description, and a link to the new forum where that topic may be found. But when you leave a shadow on this board you get a full working link that appears in the original forum as if that topic is still in that original forum -- with no indication whatsoever that the topic has been moved. Only by closely looking at the bread crumb list of links, or the URL in your browser's address bar when you go into the topic, do you notice that the topic is not in the old location. This is highly dangerous, for precisely the reason that just bit me. If the current (broken) shadowing behavior can be altered to work properly it should be.

I'd do it myself but the room in my house with the computer is is also the hottest room (currently at 92 degrees) and I have a very hard time focusing on tasks for any length of time when I'm sweating buckets. :cry:
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Thespius » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:36 am

I'll get Sarkh back up today. I have a hard copy lying around here somewhere, Just need to find it.

EDIT: Sorry for my lack of posting here, I'm looking at Orokos and will also be getting my force die rolls up shortly.
Thespius
Level 2

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context