Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

After the Fall (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: After the Fall (OOC)

Postby Ahrimon » Sat May 13, 2017 1:09 am

Are we using swsheets.com for our characters? I added a link to my character and fleshed out his backstory a little. I didn't change any of the details, just expounded on them.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 5:10 am

No, character sheets are maintained as posts on this site, in the Database subforum. You'll need to copy/paste post #1 in your character's thread in the Review subforum into a new topic in this game's Database subforum, as Mattimeo84 has already done.

BTW, the swsheets.com site is no longer being maintained by its creator. It's been abandoned as a project. For myself I've always preferred Oggdude's app. It's by far more powerful and comprehensive, especially now that it also handles crafted items.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Mattimeo84 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:45 am

I only use SWSheets when I am away from my computer and I want instant dice roll at a glance
Mattimeo84
Level 1

Postby Ahrimon » Sat May 13, 2017 6:01 am

That's too bad. It's a decent site that covers 95% of what I could imagine anyone could need from a character sheet. I noticed that the code was available. Hopefully someone out there will take up the mantle. It'd be cool to tie it directly to Orokos for dice rolls.

I copied my character to the database thread.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Mattimeo84 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:07 am

Does your google drive OggDude xml auto update or do you have to reupload after every save?

If it syncs automatically, how did you do that?
Mattimeo84
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 6:36 am

I use Dropbox, which auto-syncs when you have an internet connection. Of course I have to manually copy files from the folder where my Oggdude data files are to the Dropbox sync folder.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sat May 13, 2017 8:42 am

I added my charcter Varek Aden to the Character Review forum.
I'll roll up his mod attempts soon (hopefully)

Sorry, I don't have reliable access to a Windows machine so OggDudes character generator isn't much use to me.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 am

One thing that I've noticed that all three players haven't done, which is a normal part of creation (Step 9, on page 107 of FaD) is to roll 1d100 for additional starting cash. Almost every player of FFG's system forgets to do that part.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sat May 13, 2017 8:54 am

I also haven't finalized gear so I'll try to remember to do that then.

I'm also trying to decide if I want to scale back on Talents and raise Intellect to 3, though this would result in the character not being great at much except piloting. Or Intellect 3 might be more useful and interesting that Willpower 3. I'll have to decide this before I roll for the mods...
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 9:07 am

Will keys to Discipline and Vigilance, both of which are career skills for him, and you have a skill rank in. That said, in general Int is used more often in the game than Will. OTOH, you might regret switching from Will to Int the first time you have to roll Vigilance when surprised. It's up to you of course. I'd leave things as you have them. I would not trade 30 points worth of talents to get a '3' in an ability that isn't important to the build. Not unless your future plans entail acquiring an Int-centric spec and/or improving Int-based skills.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sat May 13, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks for the advice.
Int would make him a bit better at mods and give him some ability at Knowledge skills (to bolster the Jedi knowledge aspect of the character) but Will is important for Vigilance and Discipline which are also important to Jedi and gives him a little extra Strain (which he'll burn through with Ataru). I'll keep Will 3 and roll up some mod attempts...
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sat May 13, 2017 9:33 am

Rolled for mods in character thread, successful with all of them (barely thanks to the Force) so it's -1 Crit, +3 Damage.

I think my character is done (pending feedback)
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Mattimeo84 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:53 am

Man, I really should have rolled for mods. Hope I get as lucky as everyone else if/when I decide to mod.
Mattimeo84
Level 1

Postby Ahrimon » Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 am

It's really not too bad since you get to include force dice in there. I'll probably be relying on those to do any mods from here on out. I may look for some specialized tools too, but that remains to be seen.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Mattimeo84 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 am

Ultimately, the extra rank in negotiation is significantly more more important. If we already have two good sabers at the start, I can always build up later.
Mattimeo84
Level 1

Postby Chronicler » Sat May 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Saw ShadoWarrior's ad over at FFG's Force and Destiny forum. I'd be interested in joining you guys if the 4th Jedi Padawan spot is still available.
Chronicler
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Welcome the board and the game! The 4th Jedi slot is no longer open, as you just claimed it. Congrats.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Mattimeo84 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Welcome!
Mattimeo84
Level 1

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sat May 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Welcome aboard!
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Chronicler » Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Cool, thanks. And hello to everyone. I've actually got stats worked out for a character submission, just need to come up with a proper backstory. Should I post what I have so far, here? Or in the Character Review subforum?
Chronicler
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Review subforum please.

I'm pleased that you decided to join in, having watched you read through various forums on this site over the past few hours. (The board tracks who's currently on what page, which can be seen in the "Who Is Online" at the bottom of every page.)
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Chronicler » Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Haha, yeah. I spent the afternoon trying to format my character sheet with tables, mainly testing via the Preview function. The table tags here appear to be quite limited so it took a bit of wrestling to get the job done. :)
Chronicler
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Yes, it's very annoying that freeforums does not permit embedding HTML codes. I added the table tags as best I could (the basic forum setup doesn't have any table tags at all, nor several others that I added), but it's far from what I'd like to have.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Ahrimon » Sat May 13, 2017 1:37 pm

@Chronicler Welcome aboard!

@Mat, what I've started doing is using a synced Google drive folder on my pc for the folder that I put my character builder exports. That way, once I finish workung on a character I can export it there and anyone with the link can pull down the latest copy whenever they want.

Starting cash: 1d100 52

This gives me enough to try one more mod. I'll consider it and roll tomorrow if I choose to.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Well, Mikana is another beatstick type, this one built based on Will. The previous two times I tried this adventure the 'rogue' ended up being the second non-Jedi PC. This time it's a Jedi, so that leaves handling tech and/or medical stuff to a non-Jedi (no one wanted to play a Jedi healer, very odd). Hopefully we can get those last two slots filled. We've got combat well taken care of but support roles not so much.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context