Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

After the Fall (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: After the Fall (OOC)

Postby Ahrimon » Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm making a sentinel: shien-expert. I'll post the character tomorrow after I get a chance to finish it.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Jedi Ronin » Thu May 11, 2017 1:36 pm

That helps me out with winnowing down my options - I was considering a Sentinel.
I'll go with either Consular: Niman-Disciple (maybe Sage) or Seeker: Ataru Striker

Looks like we still need someone to play a non-Jedi Pilot...
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Mattimeo84 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:41 pm

I would like to second into Makashi Duelist when we get that far if it's still available. So I'm still clear!
Mattimeo84
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 11, 2017 1:56 pm

Either Ahrimon's Padawan or JR's is the one that is in the scene with Jedi Master Kota, the plot-critical PC that delivers the warning to the other Jedi on Coruscant.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Ahrimon » Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 pm

I'll probably second into something down the road. I'm just not sure what yet. I don't know the F&D specializations very well.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Jedi Ronin » Thu May 11, 2017 2:21 pm

My PC can be the Padawan sent by Kota to Coruscant.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 11, 2017 2:23 pm

And that settles that. Thank you.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Ahrimon » Thu May 11, 2017 2:26 pm

I was really tempted with the ataru striker since my favorite character in TOR was my marauder. But I'm trying to go for a less beatstick character in order to try something new. I think I have a good idea on what sort of theme I'm going to use for my character so I'll have to see what my options are to achieve it.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Jedi Ronin » Thu May 11, 2017 2:33 pm

That is one of the nice things about Sentinel is that they can be good with the lightsaber and be really good at the Cunning skills, filling two roles in the group.

With Ataru Striker my character would be a good combatant and a good gunner for the ship but doesn't other wise fill much of a secondary role (his secondary characteristic will probably be Willpower).

A Niman Disciple focused on Willpower and Intellect would be pretty good at combat (not as good as Ataru), better with Force powers, and could fill secondary roles as a medic and knowing things.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Characters in the RPG can be much more flexible and less two-dimensional than those in TOR. You can always play TOR to get your fix of purely beating up on stuff. :P
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm

The face role is covered. The other traditional roles of rogue (cunning skills), healer, tech, and bad-ass melee beast remain to be covered. Plus the pilot, which you have to have. I suppose I could rewrite the initial scene to have the Jedi steal some NPC's ship, but that's not nearly as good in the long term as having a PC who owns the ship. One of the PCs should be "invested" in the ship, and not merely see it as a convenient (and disposable) object.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Thu May 11, 2017 4:39 pm

An Ataru Striker would make for a decent pilot (skilled with high Agility, no Talents).
Maybe the ship is Master Piel's? That would make it inherently valuable. Or another PC can be the owner and captain and I'm just the pilot.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Each Jedi PC will also have a Jedi Utility Belt (KtP:52), containing the following items:
  • emergency medpac (uses 1 encumbrance)
  • comlink (uses 1 encumbrance)
  • glow rod (uses 1 encumbrance)
  • Jedi multi-tool (uses 2 encumbrance)
  • aquata breather
  • 3 days worth of food capsules
So the JUB adds +1 to encumbrance threshold, but its contents eat up 5. Jedi Ronin's PC will have the food capsules in his or her belt. The other Jedi PCs will have eaten all of their capsules long before the game begins. Matt's Gungan PC lacks the aquata, as she has no need of it. The listed comlink is the one I mentioned in post #1, not a second one.

If you want some other useful item(s) in place of the multi-tool, you may ask and I may allow you to swap.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Jedi Ronin wrote:Maybe the ship is Master Piel's? That would make it inherently valuable. Or another PC can be the owner and captain and I'm just the pilot.

It's not a ship possessed by any Jedi. Ideally, it's a ship that the PCs have never seen before. The sudden, forced meeting (pun intended) between the Jedi and the pilot has led to very interesting roleplay the previous two times I've run this scenario (first time was using Saga d20, until the board hosting the game went poof and I lost all of the players). I want that roleplay, and I want to have some non-Force roles in this game. This isn't a pure FaD game. It's also an EotE game.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Ahrimon » Thu May 11, 2017 10:24 pm

I was considering possibly branching into racer. But I would be open to switching to a scoundrel if we need a starting non-force pilot.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 12, 2017 6:18 am

Play what you want to have fun playing. I appreciate your willingness to fill a needed role, but let's see if we can get the rest of the slots filled first before you make any heroic sacrifices of your personal preferences for the sake of the group.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Ahrimon » Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 am

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to have a rank of dodge instead of reflect? It'd fit better with my planned schtick of doing my best not to get hit rather than deflecting the shots?

I'm finishing up the character in Oggdudes, I'll translate into the board format and post a link to the xml file.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Mattimeo84 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:37 am

I purposely took the face role. Like Ahrimon, I usually just play a tank/fighter, so this is a chance for me to try something new. I was kind of glad to have some required characters if you will. Forced me (pun intended) to be different.
Mattimeo84
Level 1

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri May 12, 2017 6:50 am

I'll make a Seeker: Ataru Striker
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 am

@Ahrimon: Deflecting shots is specifically what I intended. The rank in saber is taken from the scene where Yoda is instructing younglings in AotC when Kenobi enters to ask about Kamino. If kids that young are already learning to use the blade, then they'll have at least one rank by the time they get selected as Padawans at age 14 (IIRC the selection age). The Reflect is drawn from Kenobi's (brief) training of Luke on the Falcon, and Kanan's more extensive training of Ezra. Seems to be a pretty standard regimen. Dodge is certainly more useful overall, but it's not what we see in canon training.

I look forward to seeing your concept.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Ahrimon » Fri May 12, 2017 9:01 am

Got my character up. No worries about the Deflecting shot.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri May 12, 2017 10:38 am

Can we buy and try to install attachment Mods during character creation? I'd like to buy 1 or 2 Illum mods and try to install them.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 12, 2017 10:46 am

What are the rarities? I've got to admit that I haven't looked at any of the lightsaber stuff. had no need to since this game was dead. I've so much reading I need to do, and soon.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Ahrimon » Fri May 12, 2017 11:12 am

I was a little confused about the lightsaber in oggdudes. It listed a basic lightsaber that you could add atracements to but then it also listed basic parts like the hilt grip and crystal to build your own. Is the basic saber considered to have a particular crystal installed to modify? I'll poke around to try and figure it out but if anyone can clear things up it would be appreciated.
Ahrimon
Level 1

Postby Ahrimon » Fri May 12, 2017 11:41 am

I see it now. The basic lightsaber is considered to have an illum crystal that is unmodified.

F&D pg 192
To install a mod, the user selects an uninstalled modification option from the attachment’s available list. The character then spends 100 credits on components and supplies, makes sure he has a tool kit, spends a couple of hours at a workbench, and makes a Hard (♦♦♦) Mechanics check
If he succeeds, he successfully installs the mod on his gear, and the item now benefits from the bonus provided by the mod. If he fails, however, the mod is not installed, and he may not attempt to install that mod again. If he failed and his check generated at least one (Despair) the attachment is also rendered useless by his tinkering.
Each additional mod installed in an attachment beyond the first increases the difficulty of the Mechanics check by one, and costs an additional 100 credits beyond the base cost.

Here are the available mods for the illum crystal: F&D pg 197
2 Item Quality (Vicious +1) Mods, 4 Damage + 1 Mods, 1 Decrease the weapon’s critical rating by 1 to a minimum of 1 Mod.

7 mods total would be pretty darn hard to install. But since it's pre-start, our masters could always help us do some of the work. I have some spare cash and would be more than happy to spend some of my money on mods to my ligtsaber.
Ahrimon
Level 1

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context