Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

AFK Thread

Discuss community business and make suggestions on the future of this forum

AFK Thread

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:06 am

This is something I've seen on a couple other boards I've been on, and with recent events, think could be useful here. Basicly, this a universal thread for people to note when they're going to be offline/slow/non-responsive for an unusual or extended period of time. This way all the GMs/players have a single place to look, and its not likely to get buried in OOC discussion threads.

Incidentally, I'll make first use of it: The school (where my fiancé works) that I volunteer as lighting designer is going into hell week starting saturday, so I'll be offline this weekend, and likely have slower posting all week.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Re: AFK Thread

Postby ennervance » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:12 pm

For planned time I'm going to be more or less unavailable from 5/1 to 5/3.

Great idea on the thread!
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:32 am

Hello again,

I'm off on vacation and heading to the Yosemite backcountry, where I will have no internet access. Combined with preparation and recover time, I'm effectively out for two weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BX-187 should be fine guarding the base, and Fabizzio is busy regaling stories. MidDen can be assumed to be assisting Ari in telling the story - Shado, if you want to include MidDen in your posts that's fine. Lastly, Irene and Kreen are just beating on the Nikkto, if it gets through a full round before I'm back.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:03 am

Hi All,

Well, I'm back from vacation – but thanks to taking on new duties at work and schedules, my post rates won't be what they were. Still, I'll try and tag most of the threads today.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:31 am

Welcome back, Quicksilver. I haven't been getting online anywhere near as often as I'd wish (because I'm trying to conserve the gasoline I have remaining in my vehicle while I await some travel reimbursement from the VA), so your post rate will likely still be better than mine.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

post rates

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:18 am

That's all okay. I think that once or twice a week is sufficient. I think that life teases us sometimes with enough free time to post a flurry of comments and occasionally we get used to a rapidly moving story line. Plus, sometimes one or a few people have time to post liberally while others are bogged down. I think that sometimes we have to readjust our expectations and practice patience, when needed.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ennervance » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 am

Out of town and AFK from friday afternoon to at least sunday afternoon, possibly monday.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:10 pm

I've got both thanksgiving and thanksgiving saturday events, so I proibibly won't be back until the Monday.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Hello everyone,
As is typical of the holiday season there will be spurts of time where I will have limited to no internet access. This week 12/1-12/3 I will be traveling for work and will not have a lot of time to post. Additionally, I will be unable to post reliably from 12/9-12/12 and will be on vacation with very limited internet access from 12/18-1/4.

During these times out players (or the GM) in the trail by fire game may feel free to take actions for Argon.

As for the games I am running I intend on them entering periods of downtime (out of combat) situations where game play can continue with limited GM involvement. I will be checking in as I have availability to answer questions directed at me but will not be able to do so consistently. Alternatively I can provide a basic overview of the action that is currently unfolding to a temporary GM for those games if the group decides it is necessary.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ennervance » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:28 am

As a heads up - finally forced to reinstall my OS to upgrade to a 64 bit. If everything goes smoothly, I won't be terribly inconvenienced in my posting - and it will mark the first time it happened smoothly, lols.

Worst case scenario I should only be down for a couple days.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:33 am

Welcome to using a non-gimped OS! :P
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ennervance » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:23 pm

So far I notice very little difference - other than I can now run the beta version of H1Z1 which would previously just crash. Browser startup is faster, but I suspect that has more to do with the wipe and reinstall. That said, barring any delayed grenading, I should be good to go.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:30 am

You'll notice a difference (by removing the 2Gb RAM usage limit of 32-bit OSes) if you try to run a half dozen-plus large apps at the same time, or play any modern game (the type that is 10+ Gb in size).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:20 am

Just so everyone knows, I'm heading out of town and will be unplugged after thursday, 17th (about afternoon) until around the 28th.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:43 pm

I'll be making some posts tonight but after that I will not be on (to post until the first week in January). I'll check my phone and may make a few comments here and there but wont have access to a computer with reliable internet to make rolls or detailed posts.

Happy holidays everyone and a happy new year.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ennervance » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Hey all - sorry for my sudden absence. I was called out of town on short notice for a business trip, and just finally grabbed some clear time to get a post up. I likely won't be home and settled until Saturday afternoon or so.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:14 am

I'm heading out to a gaming convention Thursday night and will be offline until somewhere around Tuesday afternoon. It may take me a day or two after that to get caught up with PbPs.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ennervance » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:00 pm

FYI - my wife has been having steady contractions all day - but they've progressed to about 5-6 minutes apart and are getting stronger. Likely we'll have our newest addition in the next 24 hours or so, which means I'm going to be AFK for about a week. (Now is the best time, since I'm bleeding out on the ground.)
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Congratulations!
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Best wishes!
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Congrats

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:32 pm

In a rare moment of brilliance, I left my iPad (from which I do my weekend & after work plotting/posting) at the library Saturday morning. It's in lost & found, but I won't get it until tomorrow. The result is I'm way behind on posting, both here and on other sites. So it might take me a day or two to get caught up again.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:35 am

Going into 'Hell Week' for the upcoming school play I'm volunteering with, which means I have no weekend or evenings for the next 9 days. Plus leaving work 2 hours early, which will put the crunch on that time. So expect much more limited posting during this period.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:25 am

Have fun!
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 pm

Have fun quicksilver.

I too will have limited availability May 2nd-...... May 8ish as my wife is going in for surgery and I will be needed to cover down on taking care of my 10 month old.... (I miss sleep)

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Next

Return to Boards Business